Dear Followers and Friends of the Good Shepherd,
Starting this Sunday, May 30, there will be no more "closed" pews in church because the six foot social distancing requirement will no longer be in effect.
Also starting this Sunday, you will not need to wear a mask to come to church since the mask mandate will also not be in effect. So please come to church with your smile and sit where you'd like!
The only people who should still be wearing a mask and social distancing are those who have not yet been fully vaccinated. We have lots of room for you in the front of our church.
Let us thank God and the many people responsible for this welcome development and good news. Let us also continue to pray for those fighting against, or affected by, this virus!
Sincerely in Christ,
Worship Service Protocol
1. Sunday Service is held at 10:00 AM
2. You can attend in person or online on our church Facebook page
3. Services are also posted to our website: gsppnj.org
Holy Communion Protocol
1. Communion is offered every Sunday Service
2. It is set up on a table in front of the first row;
It is moved to the center later in the Service
3. Bread and wine are prepared in individual disposable containers in our Communion trays
4. After Pastor consecrates the elements, people come forward in a single line, six feet apart
5. They pick up a container of bread and wine, and return to their seats
6. When all have returned, all commune together
7. At the end of the Service, people dispose of their empty containers into the receptacle in the foyer/narthex.